Mosquitos are not just annoying, they can make you sick. Take steps to fight the bite and lower your risk.
- Once a week, empty and scrub, turn over or cover any items that can hold water such as tires, buckets, pools, flower pots and planters
- Use an outdoor insect spray made to kill mosquitos in places they rest, such as in dark areas, under patio furniture and under carports and garages
- Keep mosquitos out of your home by using window and door screens, and using air conditioning when available
- Contact your local mosquito control association, which can spray around your home to help control the mosquito population
- Wear long-sleeve shirts and long pants
- Use an EPA-registered insect repellent; they are proven safe and effective